Friday, September 7, 2007

Art, Language, and Social Development




Nathan Discovers Girls:
While we were watching tennis, Nathan said, "I want the pink one to win...because she's pretty."



Spiritual Food
Nathan, "When I am eating, I think about God."
Hayley, "Why?"
Nathan, "Because...I like God."



Words, Words, Words
Matthew can now say:
Duck ..............."Dut"
Bottle ............."Bopal"
Thank You.... "Ak-shu"
Up .................."Uuuup!"
Down ............."Don, don, don." (always in threes, usually following an energetic "Uuuup!")
Amen ............."Mah-mah"
Book ..............."Oook"
Keys ..............."Ka - ka - ka!"
Bath ..............."Bafs"
Train ............."Tshen"
And, of course, 'Ice Cream' is still "Ah - Mmmm!"

When we were at ocean Shores, he was saying "O-sha!" pretty well for the water - but, alas, that has faded. He can say Mama and Dada just fine, but he knows he can get by simply pointing and saying "ingshe!" instead.

Emily is making good friends in the ward and on the block. Work for me is busy but, otherwise, I like it.


No comments: