Enjoyed your report. However I would like a report how you and the family likes your house, Boise, your job or jobs, the neighborhood, ward, and all the other things involved in moving to a new neighborhood. Emily's reaction to it all. I would guess that being close to ty & family would be great. They both are swell people and I am honored to be related to them. Course, that goes for you guys too. Love to all
Grandpa & Grandma Stahn
The Report - Other Details:
The House:
- It's big enough, that's for sure. We love having a yard the kids can play in. I actually like going out and mowing it after work or whenever I need to get some stress out.
- Meridian has been good to us. It is okay having things close and we still feel like we're far enough out on the edge where there are still farms and some open land. If we want to we can go to the park or drive up into the mountains.
- Well, that's a more complicated story. With the nature of my first job I am talking with teenage boys, their families, or their probation officers most of my day which is kind of disturbing at times. Overall I like the work and the place I work at treats me very well. I have my own office, they feed me, and they pay for me to get to and from work, so I don't spend much on food or gas.
The Neighborhood:
- The people out here keep to themselves. They are friendly enough when you bring up a conversation with them. We haven't seen any of the cop cars, the loud fighting, or the unkempt house-fronts like a couple of our neighborhoods in Idaho Falls. Seems like our neighbors are busy with their lives, they work, and they take care of their families. The houses are nice, the neighborhood is pretty new and clean and Hayley goes to school (starts tomorrow) about two miles away.
The Ward:
- The leadership in our ward seem to be pretty much on top of things - Every Sunday, they invite new move-in families to meet with the ward council members right after the sacrament meeting. They pulled us in, learned our names, took down our information, and started finding out how they could help our family that very first Sunday. Emily and I were called to help teach the primary almost immediately. I know Emily has had callings in the Primary before but this is the first time I've had a calling with anyone younger than seminary age. We teach the Sunbeams. Because Matthew is too young for Nursery, I have not been able to help Emily teach much. She has taught several lessons by herself while I have hauled Matthew around the hallways.
Moving in:
- We have been holding off on buying several things for the new house until I have a few paychecks. Now that a couple of them have come in and we see what the regular bills will be, we think we'll just keep holding off for a while. We feel like we've go things situated pretty well and have established routines which work well enough for the family for now. Nathan says he still wants "to live in Kansas, where we used to live."
No comments:
Post a Comment