Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ocean Shores & Then Some

We successfully moved ourselves to Boise Idaho. And Dave found a job pretty quickly – so we’re very happy about that. It doesn’t pay quite as much as would make us comfortable, but he gets to count all of his therapy hours at work towards getting his license – so we feel blessed. He also will get a few extra hours every couple of weeks doing some interviewing and paperwork for a small agency nearby.

We are slowly getting used to the area and getting to know a few people in our ward. Dave and I have been called as primary teachers. It looks like we will be alternating with another couple to teach our class, which means we will be able to attend our meetings on occasion. We have enjoyed getting together with Dave’s brother and his family, and also visiting my grandparents.

Nathan says: I’m pretending I have the hiccups.

We went to Ocean Shores on the Washington coast. It was lots of fun. We played in the sand and the water. We played ALL day on the beach. And then on Tuesday we went ALL back home. And we went to a train restaurant at night to have ice cream and pie. There was a train there. The restaurant was called Sumpter Junction (in Baker City Oregon). And it was lots of fun. The train goed on the train tracks all around the restaurant. It was fun with the train in Sumpter Junction. We saw it at breakfast (on the way to WA) and dessert (on the trip home). Matthew is running around – literally. He always wants to be outside; all three kids love the fact that we have a little backyard now. Matthew is trying to talk more and more. So far he only says a few understandable words, like “go,” and “up,” but he’s really trying to talk to us. He is still very happy most of the time. And now I turn it over to Dave to finish off our letter . . . .
Hello. I think the above pretty much sums it up. So much to do!

Random facts: I’m enjoying being a therapist.
I like our house. I want to find some good ways to save money (like eating only at the cafeteria at work and encouraging the home consumption of more potatoes and rice) so that Emily can continue her time-honored tradition of not working outside the home. Maybe she can give piano lessons or tutor some local school children. I like living closer to the temple – I was able to go there to do some sealing work yesterday, which was great. I have been learning a lot about the Kirtland and Nauvoo periods of the church through History of Joseph Smith by his Mother, Lucy Mack Smith. I actually enjoy mowing my lawn – we have a little motorless push mower thinger which was cheep and is my only real exercise program right now.





Love,

– Our Family

No comments: