8/21/2007 1:10 AM
Journal
Friends
Today I called an old friend who I have been apart from for a very long time. It reminded me how great is the worth of souls in the sight of God [see D&C 18: 10 ]. Maybe it is just easier to feel the worth of some souls; maybe because they most clearly reflect the Lord’s image in their countenance [Alma 5: 14, 19]. As we talked about life, families, challenges, and blessings, the feelings of regret for years lost faded in the joy of the warmth of the fire of faith and friendship.
I think of the words oft’ quoted by President Monson from Charles Hanson Towne’s "Around the Corner" [see In Search of Treasure] regarding the inadvertent loss of such invaluable friends through neglect. I’m so glad I called!
Children
It was the cool of the day and the grass was high. The time was right to mow. Hayley (who we forget is only five) stepped to the back patio and said with a curious expression: “You come home from work and you hardly have time to play with us. So I’m confused: Isn’t playing with your children more important than doing this?” So we compromised – Hayley pushed the mower and I guided it. We had such a good time, we hated to stop.
Prophets
I have a goal to finish the Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith. Therein, I feel I have been instructed to keep records. In the recent funeral services and subsequent BYUTV media focus of President James E. Faust, I have also felt prompted to read my patriarchal blessing. I’m trying to comply with both messages which are converging nicely into the prevalent theme in this whole entry – the confirmation that our souls our time and our interwoven life events are of such great worth.
- David
No comments:
Post a Comment