
In her own words:
I left the house and I got on the bus and it drove to the kindergarten. When I got there, I went to Mrs. Stred's class, but first the teacher wasn't in the classroom. Then someone walked up behind us and asked us who we were looking for - and I said that we were looking for Mrs. Stred, and she said she would look for Mrs. Stred. And then Mrs. Stred came and told us that she would show us how to get to the playground. When we were done on the playground, the bell rang and everyone went in, but I was left all alone outside. But then someone opened the door and I went in and found Mrs. Stred's class with another teacher. Mrs. Stred asked me where I had been, and I told her how I was left alone and she said to work on an A through Z paper. And we colored in the letters and then Mrs. Stred showed us the date on the calendar and the month and the year. And she said that we would put sticks inside one of the pockets until we got up to 180 days of school. And she changed the number to 1 -- that meant the first day of school -- and she put 1 stick in the pocket. She said that
when we got to 180 days of school, we would have a big celebration for the last day of school. Then she said that she was going to teach us some things about the school. She said for us to raise our hands when we wanted to ask her something, and in the hall we should be in a line as straight as an arrow, and hands to the side and mouths shut.Then she showed us the nurse's room and the PT room where we do gym things. And she showed us the bathroom so we know where to go to the bathroom. Then we went to recess. Then we came in and finished our sheets of paper from A to Z. Then she gave us a special award that said "I had a great first day of school," and at the top were our names. We put that with our A to Z paper and then I went with my Mom and went home. I met Luke and Grace and Faith and Stewart. I don't remember anyone else. But we had a great first day of school.
And there you have it. More detail than we'll probably get all year. (But at least she learned that when the bell rings, you really have to go inside, or you get left "all alone.")
I have attached a couple of pictures. The one of Hayley, the bus, and my unsuspecting neighbors didn't turn out very well - but I didn't exactly have time to set up a good shot. Ah well.
Have a great day :)
Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment