
Emily and I took Hayley, Nathan, and Matthew to the fair last night. After polling the family, the brief report of things we remember and enjoyed, we want to note:
- Matthew and Nathan both broke out in several spontaneous and energetic "dance, dance, dance" moments throughout the evening as we passed by various musical events. Both drew small crowds of their own.
- Matthew enjoyed petting the baby rabbit. Emily recalls the giant French Lop rabbits. Nathan was impressed with the giant turkey (bigger than him). But we declined to pay three dollars per person for a brief peek at the world's largest pig.
- Hayley swung her feet over the spectators as she smiled down from the huge spinning swings. "I was waving to mom," she recalls.
- Hayley was even harder to pull out of the driver's seat of the tank than Nathan. Later, Hayley and Nathan got to climb into the cab of a Semi truck.
- The whole family enjoyed a humorous (and LOUD!) comic diver's skit which culminated in a grey-haired fat man diving EIGHTY FEET into a ten foot pool. (apparently he holds or held the world's height record at 172 feet).
- Nathan said he "had lots of fun" riding on the elephants (David rode with him on a pink two-seater Dumbo knock-off). He says, "I did enjoy that."
- Emily re-lived her childhood by riding down a very large (fifty foot?) Super Slide slide. Nathan tells us, "I liked seeing mom go down down on a BIG, HUGE, BUMPY SLIDE!. I wanted to go on that."
- Emily accompanied Nathan and Hayley on the Wacky Worm Coaster which they thoroughly enjoyed.
- Hayley adds, "I liked seeing the donkeys and the horses....I liked petting the big cow with horns."
- "I liked seeing the farris wheel and the merry-go-round," says Nathan.
No comments:
Post a Comment