Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Say "Purity, Pluck, & Pucker" 3 Times, Fast

The Righteous
Hayley learned that I haven't been a member of the church my whole life (I joined the church when I was 18) and said very non-judgmentally to me tonight, "That's why you never went to Primary - so you aren't as righteous as the rest of us." She very empathetically said, "We'll help you keep the commandments and when I go to Primary, I can come home and teach you what I learned - so it will be just like you went to Primary!" I was touched by her desire to help her father out.

Pursuant to Self-Motivated Cleanliness
Nathan made a mess in the living room - toys everywhere. Usually, he makes 80% of the mess and his sister ends up doing 80% of the clean-up because Nathan is less-than-diligent about cleaning. But tonight, Hayley had gone pants shopping with Emily, so Nathan was left a lone boy in the midst of the toys. Trying to spark up some motivation for the lad, I played songs on the stereo and gave him a bean for his bean jar every time he cleaned quickly for the whole song. He started singing "When my father calls me, quickly I obey!" He's learning to be very O-Bean-ient. After earning some fifteen or twenty beans toward a family dinner at a restaurant (when the bean jar is filled), the living room and dining room were without toys. Hurrah!

Matthew Kisses
Our youngest gave the whole family the giggles as he--very deliberately and with great study and effort--leaned in for a nose-to-nose pucker&smack with each of us this evening. Nobody could keep a straight face.

"Hum-be-a-wim-be-a-wum-be-a-wie"
Nathan has been trying to sing "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from the movie Marry Poppins...Emily reports that it is hilarious. It has also been funny to hear Hayley try to say it backwards (ie. click in at T-minus 1:05 in the video screen, below).

No comments: