Friday, February 29, 2008

The Latest School Projects

Hello everyone. I finally put some pictures on my computer. Our Nile river grass is growing well now, though more sparsely than I imagined, after about a week and a half. I think we have "flooded the Nile" three times. (I discovered that potting soil and grass seed are pretty cheap :)

We also made a pyramid out of Nathan's duplos. There were instructions in the book for making sand blocks - but I wasn't up to it. Hayley had been reading that morning about the interior of the pyramids - and was pretty disappointed we couldn't manage to include a burial chamber and an escape tunnel inside the pyramid. Ah well. The limitations of plastic. (Oh, and her hippie hair due in the pyramid shots was entirely her doing. It was supposed to be a belt for her jeans.)


Happy leap day!
And stay tuned for our next projects. We're waiting for the clay to come in the mail.
Emily

No comments: