Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thrills and Chills

Nathan, Hayley, and I got to ride on a little roller coaster today. For a total of six tickets - pretty good deal. it was their first coaster experience and I thought Nathan would not handle it well. Hayley LOVED it – her eyes were fully lit with enjoyment and her expression quite memorable. Nathan was more sure it was cool after he got off. They also enjoyed, to a lesser degree, the flying banana ride (like unto the famed Dumbo ride at Disneyland). Our family outing was at Zonkers—this little sort of indoor arcade/carnival at the mall here. It has big slides, a mini train you can ride, the roller coaster, bumper cars, giant “hamster tubes,” a couple of other spin-n-chuck rides and a lot of games and such. Emily had me meet her there after work today because the kids needed to get out of the house and Emily needed to buy some new jeans. So after some fun and some pricey food court dining, I took the little yayhoos home in the van while mom stayed with the Mazda to search for jeans which are not ultra low cut waist.

After a few hours, I got a call from Emily asking where in the world I parked the Mazda. Apparently she and I have a different concept of “North” and she had been out in the freezing wind searching three times with no success. The mall was closing down and my directions weren’t helping. In the end, she called upon her trusty father to rescue her. He gallantly offered her warm transport as they searched yet onward. The Mazda turned out to have been obscured by two semi trailers and Emily arrived home slightly frosted, but in fairly good spirits given the events.


Matthew is talking - he says "Uk!" when he wants to get "Up." and he has "Dada" down pretty well. It has meaning for him. And I catch him trying to mimic something we're saying about every day.

No comments: