Hayley got up early this morning to "mark scriptures" with me. I showed her how to find things that were important to her and highlight them in her book. It was a fun moment. Of course, she started marking each word in whole columns. Emily suggested that it would be more helpful not to mark everything. Hayley's response was "I'm trying to learn from them - I'm trying to learn about the prophets."
Yesterday Hayley and I discovered Google Earth! In our first adventure, we marked Hayley's house and Grandma McMillan's house and transversed our favorite trike-route thereto. Then we tackled the mountains of Hawaii. It was great! Today she wanted to visit Washington and learn where Egypt was. Tomorrow we are going to see what the mountains look like from Grandma Dena & Grandpa Verl's front porch.
There's nothing quite like playing peekaboo with your own reflection to warm your parents' hearts. Matthew's other discoveries include Hands-&-Knees Apartment Safari and Finger-Food Fumbling. Ever since January 1, 2007 he has been able to sit up, crawl, and clap. This was also the day his big brother, Nathan, finally learned to pedal his trike. I'm just delighted and blessed that they chose to reach all of those milestones on my last day of vacation so I could be with them.
Yesterday Hayley and I discovered Google Earth! In our first adventure, we marked Hayley's house and Grandma McMillan's house and transversed our favorite trike-route thereto. Then we tackled the mountains of Hawaii. It was great! Today she wanted to visit Washington and learn where Egypt was. Tomorrow we are going to see what the mountains look like from Grandma Dena & Grandpa Verl's front porch.
There's nothing quite like playing peekaboo with your own reflection to warm your parents' hearts. Matthew's other discoveries include Hands-&-Knees Apartment Safari and Finger-Food Fumbling. Ever since January 1, 2007 he has been able to sit up, crawl, and clap. This was also the day his big brother, Nathan, finally learned to pedal his trike. I'm just delighted and blessed that they chose to reach all of those milestones on my last day of vacation so I could be with them.
In Family Home Evening last night, our family learned about praying from the heart. I guess Nathan was listening. Rather than the usual "Dear Heavenly Father, We thank thee for this day...and please bless...", he voiced the following simplified family prayer before bed that night: Nathan: "Dear Hamey Pabo: I don't need hewp wid my pwayers. In da name ob Jesus Prist, Amen."
1 comment:
BONUS ARCHIVE BLOG!!
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Matthew is 4 months today
Category: Life
So Matthew is four months today...he's a cute little sleeper.
My wife says he's the cutest baby we've ever had. That's saying something considering those that have gone before him. She may only think that because he's the baby of the moment.
Hayley (Child #1) is running away to preschool soon for picture day and we're hanging out here waiting for the bus. She gets to be one of the 'helper kids' in a preschool wherein she models social behavior for six classmates who are developmentally delayed. She keeps asking me if her bow is right in her hair and if the big hand is close enough to the twelve for her bus to arrive. With almost an hour to go, she already has her little backpack on with her snack inside.
Mom, meanwhile, has taken Nathan with her to "Playgroup." Don't let the name fool you - this is a group of women who get together to let their kids supervise themselves while the mothers play cards. I think it took a little convincing for Nathan to leave behind his Lightning McQueen car and Thomas Train set.
While the house is quiet, I'm working on summing up my hours for my internship. I'm supposed to have 500 hours of direct client contact in therapy sessions to graduate in July 2007 with my Master's Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. Currently I'm at least a month behind due to having a baby in April.
Post a Comment