I had an appointment today after work to have a lipoma removed from my left forearm. Pretty minor surgery. Five stitches. It doesn't even hurt (yet).
Matthew "conducted" Family Home Evening tonight. He stood on the brick fireplace ("the stage") and told us the order of events from the agenda. "And now we will have the lesson! The lesson is: roll a ball and say a letter. Then name a car with that letter." Emily redirected that one by asking, "And how would that help us get to heaven?" So he chose a different activity. He announced that first Hayley and then Nathan were to recite poems, which they both did very well. Matthew directed that we all "Sit in a circle and talk about nice things." Emily was assigned to "say two nice things - about flowers." I was given the assignment to "say nice things about 'how conductors do family home evening'." Nathan was asked to talk "about sitting in a circle talking about nice things" which Nathan politely declined to comment on. As an item of Business in our little circle, Emily reminded the children of the pattern of later and later school assignment completion and admonished them to begin in on their lessons promptly after breakfast so school could be done tomorrow by
1 comment:
Your kids say the darndest things! I love it. I want to know how Emily complimented the flowers
Post a Comment