Tuesday, September 02, 2008
I'm sitting here with the kids who don't want to go to sleep. So we're writing you a letter on the laptop instead.
Hayley says, "I'm having a fun time in Utah now. We just moved, so we are kind of new around here, but I'm getting used to it. Nathan and me have swings that we can play with outside. We even have a tree that we can climb in. I like living in this house. It's like an old friend we had - their last name was Giles - this house is like theirs. We have new neighbors. I am friends with an eight year old - her name is Amelia; we call her 'Melia' for short. She has lots of brothers. Two of them are Gregory and her twin is Andrew. I like living in Utah now. We are going to Christa's wedding soon. I think her wedding is on Friday this week. We got to watch part of the "Music Man" today - it was fun. We watched it until the parade and then my mom turned it off becaus she thought we shouldn't watch it right now." "once we didn't have hot water - so we had to boil hot water on the stove and put it in the tub if we wanted to take a bath. And then the 'gas man' came and he made it so we could have hot water. Tonight was bath night. I took a shower in the downstairs bathroom. There's a big playroom downstairs and we put lots of toys in it and there's even a table we can color on and it has crayons and paper on it. It's fun in the new house. I kind of miss the old house but this one is alright too. We got a new pantry - it's kind of like a big cupbuard with drawers on the bottom. It's big and white. It has food in it. Becky came over and dad and mom helped to make it. That night was Monday night and me and Nathan directed family home evening. first we had a song and it was i am a child of god and then we had a prayer and it was a lesson from the friend. Then we had the activity. (Nathan added that the activity was rolling the ball - a soccer ball) Then we had a prayer and then we sang the song, 'Faith.' Becky was there for family home evening because we were making our new pantry while it was going. We're having scripture time in the morning now - instead of at night - we memorized a scripture. The Scripture was Jeremiah 16:16 - I've memorized it. Still I haven't got all the words right, but I'm working on it. Nathan hasn't quite got it either, but he's working on it. It's about missionaries looking for the House of Israel. It says that they look on mountains and hills and in caves (Nathan adds, "The Hunters"). And Jeremiah forgot to say that the fishers would fish in every lake and every pond and every ocean.
Nathan says, "I got to go to music class. It was called 'Let's play music.' I don't remember the things that we did in there, but it was at somebody's house. We got some bells and puppets and balloons there. We got to bring them home! Yeah, we get to play - play with 'em! I like - do you know what my favorite vehicle is? Trains! I like trains because I like all things that are on wheels. But I like some other things too. And trains are on wheels, right? And I like to, um, my dad let me have one of his marbles and we rolled it down the driveway - it's kind of a swoopy one. It just rolled and rolled and rolled until it got to the bottom. It was cool! Well, it was this day - today. We have a mountain behind our house. And we went on that drive - a drive ON a mountain. And we got out of the car and looked at the city of Orem - we live in Orem - and Provo and BYU." Nathan says he likes to have scripture time in the morning and story time at night instead of both together.
Matthew says, "I'm sorry that you didn't come home. I...get to go to one and then I have prayers and scriptures and balloons. I get to go to one to not - they goed to one because I stay with Christa and Daddy. I did a magic trick to Christa and we did do magic tricks to Christa and we didn't do another one. No not other ones, just all. Oh great, I'm laying down. Okay I'm sitting up. And play at a park at another house. One nother house. Um I played at - there's another house that that's right outside. I didn't get to play at Mickey's house - just play at Becky's house, but I didn't play at Matt's house - Matt and Becky's house. and I played by Matt and Becky's house and played by it. I was digging dirt with you (dad) with the shovel - with one shovel without two shovels. And we goed and we goed home. And and and and Christa's car...goed back...and kooo kee, and koo and keeee. Haaa! Do you know Koo and Kee? Two!...Now, I have 'nother 'dea (another idea) - I have another story! Um ...mommy and daddy and nathan and matthew...I love hayley yes sir-ee, I love mommy yes sir-ee, I love nathan yes sir-ee, we're a happy Famlee! There's a song! Twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are...(in falsetto) UP above the world so high, wike a diamong in the sky, Twinkle wittle star, how I wonder up above above the world so high wike a diamong in the kie. How I wonder what you are. I have to say "up above" two times and "wike a diamong" two times. How I wonder what you are, yeah yeah. I sanged two songs!"
As you can see, they were really enjoying themselves. Nathan got pretty tired so he declined to tell you about his other misadventures. It's getting late fast here and I still want to get a small big pile of boxes and Styrofoam out of the living room floor, change out a load of laundry, and download some new chapters of a book for my mp3 player before I go to bed. I think between the three kids, they've summed up our experiences here pretty well. I'm feeling accomplished because I put a phone line in our house today (much of the work was already done - hole was drilled and phone jack already mounted - I just had to patch wires together and run a line through a wall and do some testing to figure out which wires to splice together.) As a result, we now have internet throughout the house and a third phone down in the basement). Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours shop-vac-ing thick mud out of a drain in our driveway and dumping the loads of wastewater out onto the lawn. The rain flooded the "Swoopy" driveway - down to the basement-level garage. Thankfully, our landlord told us in advance that it might happen, so the previous day, we got everything of value up on makeshift shelves and boards and nothing was water-damaged.
That's our life - Emily wants these boxes out of the floor. I'm off.
- Dave
I'm sitting here with the kids who don't want to go to sleep. So we're writing you a letter on the laptop instead.
Hayley says, "I'm having a fun time in Utah now. We just moved, so we are kind of new around here, but I'm getting used to it. Nathan and me have swings that we can play with outside. We even have a tree that we can climb in. I like living in this house. It's like an old friend we had - their last name was Giles - this house is like theirs. We have new neighbors. I am friends with an eight year old - her name is Amelia; we call her 'Melia' for short. She has lots of brothers. Two of them are Gregory and her twin is Andrew. I like living in Utah now. We are going to Christa's wedding soon. I think her wedding is on Friday this week. We got to watch part of the "Music Man" today - it was fun. We watched it until the parade and then my mom turned it off becaus she thought we shouldn't watch it right now." "once we didn't have hot water - so we had to boil hot water on the stove and put it in the tub if we wanted to take a bath. And then the 'gas man' came and he made it so we could have hot water. Tonight was bath night. I took a shower in the downstairs bathroom. There's a big playroom downstairs and we put lots of toys in it and there's even a table we can color on and it has crayons and paper on it. It's fun in the new house. I kind of miss the old house but this one is alright too. We got a new pantry - it's kind of like a big cupbuard with drawers on the bottom. It's big and white. It has food in it. Becky came over and dad and mom helped to make it. That night was Monday night and me and Nathan directed family home evening. first we had a song and it was i am a child of god and then we had a prayer and it was a lesson from the friend. Then we had the activity. (Nathan added that the activity was rolling the ball - a soccer ball) Then we had a prayer and then we sang the song, 'Faith.' Becky was there for family home evening because we were making our new pantry while it was going. We're having scripture time in the morning now - instead of at night - we memorized a scripture. The Scripture was Jeremiah 16:16 - I've memorized it. Still I haven't got all the words right, but I'm working on it. Nathan hasn't quite got it either, but he's working on it. It's about missionaries looking for the House of Israel. It says that they look on mountains and hills and in caves (Nathan adds, "The Hunters"). And Jeremiah forgot to say that the fishers would fish in every lake and every pond and every ocean.
Nathan says, "I got to go to music class. It was called 'Let's play music.' I don't remember the things that we did in there, but it was at somebody's house. We got some bells and puppets and balloons there. We got to bring them home! Yeah, we get to play - play with 'em! I like - do you know what my favorite vehicle is? Trains! I like trains because I like all things that are on wheels. But I like some other things too. And trains are on wheels, right? And I like to, um, my dad let me have one of his marbles and we rolled it down the driveway - it's kind of a swoopy one. It just rolled and rolled and rolled until it got to the bottom. It was cool! Well, it was this day - today. We have a mountain behind our house. And we went on that drive - a drive ON a mountain. And we got out of the car and looked at the city of Orem - we live in Orem - and Provo and BYU." Nathan says he likes to have scripture time in the morning and story time at night instead of both together.
Matthew says, "I'm sorry that you didn't come home. I...get to go to one and then I have prayers and scriptures and balloons. I get to go to one to not - they goed to one because I stay with Christa and Daddy. I did a magic trick to Christa and we did do magic tricks to Christa and we didn't do another one. No not other ones, just all. Oh great, I'm laying down. Okay I'm sitting up. And play at a park at another house. One nother house. Um I played at - there's another house that that's right outside. I didn't get to play at Mickey's house - just play at Becky's house, but I didn't play at Matt's house - Matt and Becky's house. and I played by Matt and Becky's house and played by it. I was digging dirt with you (dad) with the shovel - with one shovel without two shovels. And we goed and we goed home. And and and and Christa's car...goed back...and kooo kee, and koo and keeee. Haaa! Do you know Koo and Kee? Two!...Now, I have 'nother 'dea (another idea) - I have another story! Um ...mommy and daddy and nathan and matthew...I love hayley yes sir-ee, I love mommy yes sir-ee, I love nathan yes sir-ee, we're a happy Famlee! There's a song! Twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are...(in falsetto) UP above the world so high, wike a diamong in the sky, Twinkle wittle star, how I wonder up above above the world so high wike a diamong in the kie. How I wonder what you are. I have to say "up above" two times and "wike a diamong" two times. How I wonder what you are, yeah yeah. I sanged two songs!"
As you can see, they were really enjoying themselves. Nathan got pretty tired so he declined to tell you about his other misadventures. It's getting late fast here and I still want to get a small big pile of boxes and Styrofoam out of the living room floor, change out a load of laundry, and download some new chapters of a book for my mp3 player before I go to bed. I think between the three kids, they've summed up our experiences here pretty well. I'm feeling accomplished because I put a phone line in our house today (much of the work was already done - hole was drilled and phone jack already mounted - I just had to patch wires together and run a line through a wall and do some testing to figure out which wires to splice together.) As a result, we now have internet throughout the house and a third phone down in the basement). Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours shop-vac-ing thick mud out of a drain in our driveway and dumping the loads of wastewater out onto the lawn. The rain flooded the "Swoopy" driveway - down to the basement-level garage. Thankfully, our landlord told us in advance that it might happen, so the previous day, we got everything of value up on makeshift shelves and boards and nothing was water-damaged.
That's our life - Emily wants these boxes out of the floor. I'm off.
- Dave
--
http://jesuschrist.lds.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment