

Matthew is so "peshow" (special) right now - he's learning to say words and repeat what he hears. When we want things, he considers

for a brief moment and gives us definite "des!" or "no." He's pretty clear about what he is thinking and knows what we are saying or asking. He is also able to give the truth about unseen actions with Nathan - through a few des & no's, Matthew helped me know that Nathan had hit him on the forehead with a toy train (which Nathan originally denied but then confessed) - one of those formerly-witnessless crimes which now can be resolved.
These are also times I don't want to forget with Nathan. He has sharp math skills for a three year old, adding up 2 or 3 single-digit numbers quickly and accurately. He can decode and tell me some of the implied behaviors--or even

motives--in the Narnia stories. We're about to finish The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in our Narnia book and Nathan is very into the story (though he falls asleep about half the time before I' ve read very far.
Soon Hayley won't ask me for "rides" anymore (she likes to be lifted, swung, carried, or danced with). And she is more and more caught up in a world of school friends I know very little about. She tells us what is going on at school if we ask and I want to intentionally keep that going. I have to catch up on a few of the books she has read to make sure we add the caterpillar circles to her growing "book worm" in her room.
No comments:
Post a Comment