Friday, July 13, 2007

We Went to the Zoo


Hayley says: The Zoo is really cool with lots of animals inside it. I remember going on the giraffe slide. It was very high - you have to step on one of the giraffe's legs and then go down its neck. And its face was at the bottom and there were a lot of bumps on its neck.

Nathan says: I remember seeing a black train. It had black paint and um...it had silver on the top. And it had black on the bottom. What was it doing? It was waiting until more track comes. It was at the zoo. It was on the track and the grass was around it. And um...it was pretty. And it was a straight trackMatthew says: Tchnen!

Hayley says: We saw monkeys. The Monkeys in the building that we saw were very cute, but inside it was STINKY! They were swinging on ropes instead of vines and we saw baby monkeys in a different place and they were very cute. All monkeys hang by their feet to use as arms and they use their hands to use as feet. It was really funny watching two of the monkeys swing on the sign - I mean, they went across the bridge for them and they went into their own cage and they swung on their own ropes and there was even a hammock they could sleep in. They were having lots of fun and they made a screeching sound. I remember how that sound was - I can scream just like it "EEEEeeeeeeEEEeeeEeEeeeeeeeE!"

Nathan: There were animals. There was um...the big horn sheep. It was pretty. And it was walking. They climbed and climbed. It has a horn on his nose. And I saw it - the bighorn sheep from the zoo. And we left it. We walked on the dirt. The dirt was red and it had lava rocks. And it was pretty cool to see. I picked up some of the dirt. I stomped.

Hayley: We saw a red panda. It was really cute. It kind of looked like a fox and it kind of looked like a panda. We watched it on the climbing place that it had. The panda had feet like a fox but littler and the legs were very skinny and the arms were too. About an inch wide were the legs. And the claws were as big as my hand. It was orange and furry. And it looks kind of orange-red. My favorite thing about it was that it was cute like the other animals.

Nathan: We saw a train and then we went on the dirt and I...I don't know what to say after that.

Hayley: I wanted to see the anaconda more (It was an iguana).

2 comments:

Hailey said...

Man we have a cute niece and nephews! Can't wait to see them in August.

StrongerFamilies said...

Thanks! That's aweful nice of you. We can't wait to see you in August as well! - The Ridleys