QUOTE:
"That assurance from the Master can help those of us feeling overwhelmed by our circumstances. In the hardest trials, as long as you have the power to pray, you can ask a loving God: “Please let me serve, this day. It doesn’t matter to me how few things I may be able to do. Just let me know what I can do. I will obey this day. I know that I can, with Thy help.”
- Henry B. Eyring, “This Day,” Ensign, May 2007, 89–91.
The Hand and Spirit of the Lord Today (12 Dec. '07):
- I feel guilty sometimes when I realize that the Lord has protected my children and family from the wars, diseases, abuses, etc of this world and allowed us to "grow up as calves in the stall" -- with all of our needs cared for by the Farmer, with the ease and protection of the Barn, and without a care for-or even a comprehension of-the events going on outside of our little farmyard.
- As I worked steadily forward, the Lord allowed me to complete all of the work-tasks that needed to be done so far this week to meet some deadliness. Many things fell into place - appointments canceling, meetings running short, responsibilities being picked up by others or being rescheduled - and all I did was keep working forward. I was conscious that the Lord was lengthening my days and preparing the way before me.
- I'm also thankful that in the midst of the work-week, I was able to practice colors with Matthew and hear some of his new words for the first time. I was able to read bedtime stories with Hayley and Nathan. I was there to practice making fajitas with Hayley and Nathan and hold Matthew's hand as he stubbornly fought off sleep in his crib. I'm grateful to God for allowing me a lot of time with my extended family during the funeral arrangements for Grandma McMillan.
It's 12:03 am and I don't sleep enough. I have to get up early. But I'm finding if I don't stay up to write something, I never write anything. And I'm afraid of living all these years with very little written history.
No comments:
Post a Comment